Crescent City, CA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: I was injail and given narcotic for alcohol withdrawal by the jail medical staff and taken into court. Is that leagal

I was arrested on a warrant for falier to appear on a midomenor. I was told that I ran out of the court room. I was charged with a felony escape. I have served my terminal and am being told I have to be on parole. I tried to jump through the hoops of being on paper twice before and was not capable of being successful at it(I have psychological issues that I wasgetting disability for until I had to spend six months in count and got cut off.) So I talked to my court appointed representation and asked if we could request my terminal so I would not have to live with the constant fear of having a warrant. We went to court I served my terminal and am now being told I must do 3 years of parole.

1 Lawyer Answer
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Not entirely sure what's happened. Speak with a local attorney to assist you. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.