Liberty, TN asked in Probate for Tennessee

Q: My dad died and left a will with my sister and myself as co-executors. It is in probate now, but she is to inherit the

home place and I am to inherit vacant land. The probate lawyer insisted that the rent from the vacant land which will be mine to be placed in the estate account. However, my sister is collecting rent from the

house she will received, but she is not depositing any funds into the estate account. What legal action do

I need to take?. She worked for the probate attorney for years and he refuses to take action on this matter.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Crossville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Fire that attorney. Hire another attorney to finish up the probate and file a petition to have your sister removed as co-executor based upon conversion of estate property.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.