San Antonio, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: My husband got a divorce from me but he lied to the court to get it. What do i do?

My husband got a divorce from me but he lied to the court about my whereabouts and why we got divorced he never once tried contacting me even though he knew where I lived and knew my number in court he lied and and said I left him because of money issues but I left him because he was abusive to me and he also cheated on me and got the other girl pregnant he was also in the military when this happened also in court on the papers it says we are divorced but the papers don't have my real last name on it I never changed my last name to his name but the paper say his name I also never received a copy of the decree so what does that mean are we still married or are we divorced and is there anything I can do about him lying in court about this also this happened in 2013 but I didn't know I was able to do anything about it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You are not still married. You are divorced. Given how much time has passed, you cannot do anything about your ex-husband lying to the court. You may, however, be able to correct your name on your divorce decree by hiring an attorney to file a motion for judgment nunc pro tunc.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.