Oakland, CA asked in Personal Injury for California

Q: I want to Safeway and has a verbal interaction with one employee and when the exchange was over security guard assaulted

After the interaction as I was walking away the security guard runs after me and tries to grab me stating that I was kicked out alleging criminal threats long story short after I requested a manager or the police I was denied both and instead a dose of pepper spray and drug out of the store by the two security guards.once outside as I was in a sitting position the security guard punched me with a closed fist to my temple sprayed me again and kicked me then grabbed my bag I had in the store with me and threw it in my face all the while I never got into fighting stance then he lied to the cops and said I said I would beat him to death with my bare knuckles and swung on him which was a lie I went to jail and BECAUSE of my previous felony conviction where I plead out to 2 strikes makes me eligible for 25 to life. I'm currently waiting for prelim but I need to pursue Safeway in civil court or what should I do ultimately I want to seek money damages for assault and false arrest

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Patrick William Steinfeld
Patrick William Steinfeld
  • Coronado, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Without knowing what the "verbal interaction" was it's impossible to advise. So contact your local county bar referral service for a referral to an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.