Lakeland, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: My sons dad is in prison, He is due to be released soon, do i have to pay to have full custody granted i dont have funds

My son and me have not lived with his father or in the same state as him since my son was 7 months old, he is currently in prison and due to be released in a matter of weeks. He speaks to him daily, as many times as he would like but i know when he gets released he will threaten to take my son away from me if i don't want to be with him, he will have the money advantage which is the only reason i'm worried, I'm a single mom who makes 12/hr So i would like to have legal paper work showing i have full custody because i have been the only provider for my son the past 4 years,

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pamela J. Fero Esq.
Pamela J. Fero Esq.
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you believe living with him might be detrimental for you and your son's well being, talk to a lawyer right away to know the best action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.