Fulshear, TX asked in Immigration Law for Illinois

Q: What I797 Approval Notice is Required to review my daughter's I485 document with my Pending VAWA Application?

I submitted my daughter's I485 & I765 document with a copy of my I360 receipt notice(application still pending) & prima facie notice. It was returned asking that I provide

"A copy of I797 approval notice establishing that you are the beneficiary of a pending or approved immigrant visa petition which would make a visa immediately available to you or that you are otherwise eligible to adjust your status to that of a lawful permanent resident"

I do not know if I also need to add the receipt notice for my pending I485 or what other documents are required.

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: More information is needed. It is possible that your daughter's form may have not been properly completed. It is equally possible that that the USCIS needed proof that you previously filed the form I-485 application. Review the material. If you are still confused, you ought to seek an appointment with an attorney who can afford enough time to provide you with the counseling that you need, not simply volunteer to take over the pending cases. Often, this sort of counseling may only require an appointment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.