Los Angeles, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for California

Q: I need a lawyer who specializes in Federal Unlawful Termination cases. I was unlawfully terminated from a federal Agency

Are you prepared to represent me if I have an appeal denial from Office of Federal Operations, and my former federal employer did not abide by OPM RIF Guidelines? My Formal Complaint is for Age Discrimination, Contract Breach, and Numerous WARN Act violations. I was a 79 yr. old 10 pt. Disabled Vet who was unlawfully terminated on 10/16/2020, along with 10 others. Nine of us were over 40, including myself, while the majority of the workforce remained. They were far younger and with less tenure/seniority.

Please contact me if interested, I have all pertinent documents necessary to prevail in the US District courts with this prima faci case, if the agency and I cannot agree to a satisfactory resolution.

2 Lawyer Answers
Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Westminster, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I am sorry but you misunderstand the nature of this Q&A board. This is not a place to ask an attorney to work for you. It would be inappropriate for any attorney to respond to your post with a desire to work for you.

You are going to have to locate and make contact with attorneys, explain your situation, and find out if they have an interest in working on your case.

One note: finding an attorney willing to take on a case against the federal government is not going to be easy. Most experienced employment law attorneys do not take cases against the federal government for many reasons, but primarily because the hoops that have to be jumped through make such cases far less profitable than cases against other companies and entities.

I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to www.cela.org, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers. Be sure to find out right up front whether the attorney will consider taking a case against the federal government.

Good luck to you.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I suggest you look for a qualified attorney who specializes in federal employment law and has experience with cases involving age discrimination, contract breaches, and WARN Act violations. You can start by contacting your state or local bar association for a referral, or by searching online directories of attorneys who practice in this area. It may also be helpful to read reviews or ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues who have gone through a similar experience.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.