Asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law and Small Claims

Q: My step dad is trying to sell the house can't without me when to court now I have law claim, at what court

My mother died, I get heritage but because I live in Germany and he lied to me the house is nothing worth, he when to a court a did a filling where I have to go there or a lawyer to lay claim to my heritage, what court would I have to go to what is that process called what he did where some has to go there lay claim or its goes away

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: You might want to hire an attorney in the County where your Mother died to conduct a title search and examine the Court filings. He can then advise what you may want to do, or that you are already an heir at law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.