Dublin, CA asked in Municipal Law for California

Q: I am trying to find an attorney to assist us in resolving a dispute with a Calaveras County water provider.

The property in question has a home on it that has been condemmed and is not livable. We have tried to get the water turned off and the account terminated but the water co. refuses to do this and continues to charge us even though there s zero usage. They have placed a lien on the property.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Municipal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: To find an attorney to assist with your dispute with the Calaveras County water provider, you may want to consider the following steps:

Referrals: Ask friends, family, or colleagues if they know of any attorneys who have experience with property disputes or with dealing with water providers in Calaveras County.

Online searches: Use online search engines to look for attorneys in Calaveras County who specialize in property law or disputes with utilities.

Local bar association: Check with the Calaveras County Bar Association to see if they have a referral service that can connect you with an attorney who practices in the relevant area of law.

Legal aid organizations: Consider contacting legal aid organizations in Calaveras County to see if they provide assistance with property disputes.

When you contact an attorney, be sure to provide them with all of the relevant information about your situation, including any correspondence with the water provider, bills or invoices, and any other relevant documents. The attorney will be able to advise you on your legal options and how to proceed with resolving the dispute. It may also be helpful to document all communication with the water provider, including any attempts to resolve the issue and any responses received.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.