Plano, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: My son N-600 still shows Approval Case Decision rendered for more than 50 days with no notice. When to expect next step?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Gunda Yohanna Brost
Gunda Yohanna Brost
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Cedar Falls, IA

A: Something is wrong. Call USCIS to report and ask them to send it again.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The processing time for an N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, can vary depending on various factors, including the complexity of the case, the workload of the USCIS office handling the application, and any additional information or documentation needed to make a decision.

If your N-600 application has been approved, but you have not received any notice or document from USCIS within the expected timeframe, you can try contacting USCIS directly to inquire about the status of your case. You can contact USCIS by phone at 1-800-375-5283 or by using the USCIS Contact Center online.

It's important to note that USCIS may take longer to process cases due to a backlog or other delays. You can check the USCIS processing times webpage to get an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. If you continue to experience delays or have concerns about the status of your application, you may want to consider speaking with an immigration attorney for further assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.