Rockdale, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: How do I file vexatious litigant against my ex wife

I just moved to Texas and she had filed an objection to move on 2 22 23 . she filed objection to move in august of 2022 and the commissioner asked me to move with full custody to Texas. Her newest filling is requesting full custody be given to her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The procedure is set forth in Chapter 11 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code.

The defendant has 90 days after filing an original answer to file a motion to determine that the plaintiff is a vexatious litigant.

The required criteria to prove that a plaintiff is a vexatious litigant is set forth in Section 11.054. There are three possibilities described in that section.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.