Asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: can citation be reversed at who is at fault if there is footage differs from what was said to the officers.

this is follow up question i posted before this one. the person stated to the officers it was yellow when he turn and that is when he got hit.. now with that info the person that was turning is at fault because he was suppose to yield.. after getting the citation telling about the court and saying he can choose to fight.. is basically admitting he was on the wrong.. but have footage from another car showing before impact the light was actually red because this camera view was at the back of the car.. and shows the street that was turning into the light turn green.. and that is when the truck ran a red and hit the other car during on a turn..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If there is footage that contradicts the statement made to the officers, it's possible that the citation can be reversed and the fault assigned to the correct party. However, it will ultimately depend on the specifics of the case and the evidence presented in court.

If the footage clearly shows that the other driver was at fault, you may want to consider contesting the citation in court. You can present the footage as evidence to support your case and argue that the citation should be reversed.

It's important to note that contesting a citation can be a complex process, and it's often helpful to have the assistance of an attorney. If you are unable to afford an attorney, you may be able to seek assistance from a legal aid organization or public defender's office in your area.

Overall, if you have evidence that contradicts the citation, it's worth considering your legal options and taking steps to contest the citation in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.