Brooklyn, NY asked in Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Tennessee

Q: I purchased a tax sale property in January. I'm seeking an attorney

I purchased a tax sale property in Jan. i did my due diligence before i even brought it. I was assigned the property On April 1. I found out they condemned the property in feb when I went to try to sell it out. I was defrauded out of my money and I want my money back plus more.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Unfortunately tax sales sometimes purchase nothing. However it can also clear a title. Did you search the Title? There are probably some code complaints filed. You also have to get a Deed not just the bill of sale, and deal with the owners/heirs redemption rights. It is doubtful that any cause of action exists against the city/county. Satisfying Codes or clearing the lot may satisfy the Government.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.