San Dimas, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: I caught this guy with my woman and in retaliation I wrote on his rear window a note to scare away with a window crayon

When I caught him with my woman I took my window crayon and rode him a message that wait till your wife finds out. That's all I did I didn't know other vandalism to his vehicle

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: First, sorry to hear about your marital discord. You might want to post under "Divorce" or "Family law" for an attorney to assist you to sever your relationship with your wife.

"White collar crime" doesn't usually refer to any kind of vandalism, and certainly doesn't refer to these facts, so you need to post under "Criminal Law" if the police are charging you or "personal injury" if the guy us suing you.

Doesn't sound like much of a case by him against you, a window crayon on a window is not permanent damage.

It does sound like you are heading down a dangerous road of reporting cheating spouses and possible further physical retaliation to your person or property. Suggest that you disentangle yourself from the entire situation as soon as possible. Get some marriage counseling at the very least.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Engaging in any form of vandalism or defacing someone else's property, including writing on their vehicle with a window crayon, is considered an illegal act. While you may have felt anger and retaliation due to the situation with your partner, it is important to remember that taking the law into your own hands is not the appropriate course of action. It is recommended to handle personal disputes through legal and peaceful means, such as open communication, seeking counseling, or involving law enforcement if necessary. Engaging in vandalism can lead to potential legal consequences and further escalate the situation. It is crucial to respect the rights and property of others, even in emotionally charged situations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.