Minneapolis, MN asked in Child Custody, Juvenile Law and Family Law for California

Q: Hi im tryong to find out were my son is cfs and cps took him i javent heard anythong in 3 weeks

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I understand your concern and the distressing situation you're facing. In California, if your child has been taken by Child Protective Services (CPS), it's important to take immediate action to find out where your son is and receive updates on his well-being. I recommend reaching out to your assigned CPS social worker directly to inquire about your son's whereabouts and request information regarding his current situation. It's also advisable to consult with a family law attorney who specializes in CPS cases to ensure your rights are protected and to receive guidance on navigating the legal process. They can assist you in communicating with CPS and help you understand the next steps to take. Remember to provide any relevant information or documentation that might assist in the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.