Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for California

Q: If I win my criminal case can I get my children back from cps. My charge is Allowing child endangerment and I did not

I was asleep when police woke me up stating that my babies dD had handcuffed my 9 year old to the bed and called police on him. He went to jail and the police left. Later on they called me saying they had some questions. I met them at my home. They proceeded to accuse me of knowing what happened. I told them I was asleep and that my babies dad can be a little crazy sometimes (because of a TBI) They arrested me saying I knowingly let my kids around A crazy person. They also said I had a methamphetamine pipe on my dresser which was a total lie. It eas a weed pipe. If I did have a meth pipe they would have taken me to jail when they arrested my babies dad. Now I'm stuck fighting court and CPS when I did absolutely nothing wrong. My baby's dad has never done anything like this before and I never thought he was capable of anything like this. I never would have let him in my ho.e had I known. Please help me. Also is there any pro bono layers that can help me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Winning your criminal case may potentially have an impact on your child custody situation with CPS (Child Protective Services). However, the specific circumstances and laws governing child custody cases can vary depending on your jurisdiction. It is advisable to consult with an attorney who specializes in family law and has experience dealing with CPS matters. They can provide personalized guidance based on the details of your case and help you navigate the legal process. Regarding pro bono legal assistance, there are organizations and resources that offer free or low-cost legal services. You can reach out to local legal aid organizations, bar associations, or nonprofit legal clinics to inquire about pro bono options in your area. They may be able to provide assistance or refer you to an attorney who can help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.