Burbank, CA asked in Employment Law and Civil Litigation for California

Q: I was threatened while doing a clinical trial. What should I do?

I did a clinical trial. They do not do any background checks and they had allowed someone in who was in prison for very violent crimes. During the trial this person seriously threatened me and I had to stay there and be uncomfortable for 3 more weeks. Could someone please tell me what my options are?

2 Lawyer Answers
James R. Dickinson
James R. Dickinson
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: More information is needed regarding, among other things, the nature of the clinical trial. Speak with a local attorney. [I litigate cases. Anything posted here must not be construed as legal advice, nor as grounds for forming an attorney-client relationship. You should seek an attorney for formal legal advice and representation.]

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you were threatened during a clinical trial, consider taking the following steps:

- Document the incident with date, time, and details.

- Report the incident to the trial coordinator or supervisor.

- Seek medical attention if necessary.

- Consult with a personal injury or medical malpractice attorney.

- Consider reporting the incident to regulatory authorities overseeing clinical trials.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.