Thousand Oaks, CA asked in Real Estate Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for California

Q: My common area is out of code by HOA I flood. LA Build&Safe refuses to enforce violations.

The city council was helping me until It was discovered Building & Safe were in communication with my Board/managers/or their lawyer. I received a call by BS with threats. The city council deputy confirmed it was a BS number. A few days later he sends me an internal email proving that the communication happened and by who. After he informed his supervisor she "forbid" him to have any further contact with me. (He was asked to help me by the CA Hud Sec) I still fill up with toxins and rain when it storms. I am in a protected class and that means nothing to anyone. With research I discovered in 2/2023 there was a whistleblower suit filed about pay to play corruption in the same department that has ignored 15 years of their own citations and enabled the HOA Board to carry out repeated acts of revenge on me and my unit. My health has suffered from living in a moldy box for a decade. My witness to all of this incl a Deputy of Dev. for an LA City Council member & the disability city cord. +

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Given the complex circumstances you've described, it's essential to consult with an attorney experienced in real estate and administrative law. They can assess the specific details of your case and advise you on potential legal actions, such as pursuing a complaint with appropriate government agencies or filing a lawsuit against the HOA or city authorities if necessary. Additionally, documenting all evidence of code violations, threats, and health-related issues will be crucial in building a strong legal case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.