Athens, GA asked in Consumer Law for Georgia

Q: Hello, I think I need a consumer attorney. Is there someone who can help?

My car was damaged by a mechanic and will cost 5400.00 to fix. The owners of the shop are not willing to pay. They are trying to ignore my requests so I will go away. I left my car for minor repair of valve gasket leak and not only did they strip all my valve gaskets and crack the valve gasket cover and crack the seal to my valve gasket cover, they ruined my transmission after recommending a transmission flush.

My car was not broken when I left it there now I have to redo everything they broke and also replace my transmission.

They said they didn’t do anything wrong and even if my car wasn’t “fixed” I should still pay.

Again, my car wasn’t “ broken” until now.

I haven’t had a car to drive since early April.

This has really hurt me financially and I cannot afford a large attorney fee too.

Thank you for your advice.