Piqua, OH asked in Juvenile Law for Ohio

Q: Can juvenile probation visit our home even though the child on probation is not in our home?

The charges my juvenile was convicted of stemmed from an incident that involved his younger brother and younger sister. Disposition has been set and he has been ordered to stay at a "Boy's Home for Troubled Youth" for no longer than 12 months. His probation officer is now scheduling home visits where me, my husband, and "all of the children that reside here" have to be present. Our Child and Protective Services case has been closed and our case worker is no longer coming into our home. Why does juvenile probation need to come in when the delinquent child will not be in the home for at least a year?

Related Topics:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.