Yukon, OK asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: Texas. I have a court order stating I am the custodial parent. NCP has been past due child support for over 1 year.

The child is about to turn 18 in 2 months and has elected to stay with NCP for the summer. Recently, I received something from child support services that the child is living with the NCP and that the NCP has requested a change in child support for it to go to them. How likely is it that if the child chose to stay with the NCP during the summer and turns 18 during that time will the courts reverse child support for those 2 months with the NCP being in arrears for close to $10,000.

Related Topics:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.