Wylie, TX asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Texas

Q: Texas custody modification

My husband has 3 children. By court order ex has full custody and he gets them every other weekend and pays child support for all 3.

We found out from another source and by the children that the ex has moved out of parents home and into a new home with the two youngest (potentially with a boyfriend) and that the oldest child (13) has not moved with Mom but is still living with grandparents and supposedly is being home schooled but there are no updates in regards to progress with school, we believe he is not actually being homeschooled, there was a court case and managed to get youngest two into public school but had to stop case before decision on oldest child.

Ex is pretending to still live at parents house when kids are dropped off after weekend stay and has not updated on situation or given a new address.

What would be the best route to take for this situation? Would it be a possibility to get change of custody for at least the oldest child?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.