Oklahoma City, OK asked in Contracts and Real Estate Law for Oklahoma

Q: am i in legal trouble for selling my mobile home on my own when i signed a broker contract?

I signed a broker contract with the community my mobile home is located in. the "broker" was not forthcoming with the contract and never emailed me a copy. she wasn't motivated at all to sell my house and i was struggling with her communicating with me. she told me i was able to cancel my contract at anytime and sell the house myself. well i did that and now she is saying i owe her 8% of the sale and i think she is going to really try to do everything she can to keep me from having the mobile home moved. how much legal trouble am i in and do i have any rights here since i signed the stupid contract (which stated that if i sell the house within 3 months of cancelling i will owe the 8%, it also stated it takes 5 days for the termination of the contract) i sold my house the same day i gave her written notice of termination of contract. she did not tell me any of this until a couple days later. i have almost everything she stated in text