Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Health Care Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Health Care Law on
Q: What legal recourse do I have for a pharmacy refusing to dispense my prescription until I could confirm a negative test?

No other the stores in the chain were practicing this protocol.

I was in a drive up window posing no threat.

I received an alert the day before that the mediation was ready for pick up

The police was called and stated I had to leave the property or be arrested.

No... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Workers' Compensation for Missouri on
Q: Medicare Stipulation concerns

My husband is getting ready to sign on a work comp settlement. The amount has already been agreed upon. He has signed all the documents, but there is one that concerns us which is the Medicare Stipulation.

According to this document, if he should seek out future medical treatment that... Read more »

Tim Rose
Tim Rose answered on Jan 19, 2022

This link should give you some further information on Medicare with regard to settlements. You should consult with an attorney for any specific questions.

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Georgia on
Q: I have a permanent disfigured and in pain arm caused by a hospitals malpractice. Who would I contact to sue the hospital

I live in GA and it happened in the GA/SC Aiken area I believe, It has been a very long time as I was injured when I was a small child, and I now am 19 but my arm is still very clearly disfigured. It was broken and when my family took me to the hospital, they put it in a cast, but never put the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Health Care Law for Maryland on
Q: What approach would you recommend in a situation when hospital security deny a father access to seeing his child born?

My boyfriend was not allowed to see our daughter born 2 weeks ago when he was in the lobby trying to get me . His wallet was stolen so he didn't have his ID but he had a copy of his birth certificate and he is listed in my hospital records as my emergency contact. He was peaceful and the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice on
Q: A PWD since 1997, for what reasons can a doctor or family member confine me WITHOUT my express consent? Is this free?

I have been under medication since 1997. Been to a few rehabilitation centers since 2009. Somebody has warned me that my family wishes to confine me again. I live alone, clean the house, do grocery and cook my own food, do my own laundry, am mobile as well as rational financed by family. Was upset... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Health Care Law and Small Claims for Arizona on
Q: My wife has her Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. She was working with a company for the entirety of 2021

with the understanding that her hours would go towards her getting her independent license. The person who was in charge of taking care of signing off on her hours no longer works there, and the person who replaced her is refusing to sign off on her hours. Is there a legal course that we can take... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Illinois on
Q: Can a hospital refuse to allow a covid positive patient a support visitor when the patient is emotionally unstable?

My husband was admitted on 1/10/22 positive for covid to a local facility. The virus caused blood clots in his left leg and the local facility transferred him to a sister facility for surgery. The sister facility Memorial Medical Center Springfield is denying me access to be with my husband even... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I’m 15 years old and my parents are refusing to give me my mental health medical records. Is this legal?

Since I was 12 they forced me on antidepressants and other medications when I was not mentally Ill or needed the medicine. I’m currently trying to gather information so I can use against them because what they did has long term effected my health and myself. Yet I’m not 18 and can’t hire a lawyer.

3 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Health Care Law for Illinois on
Q: Question about a family member who is hospitalized

My brother is hospitalized after having a stroke, he not able to communicate well but for hospital aid and benefits we need to access thinks like bank statements and pay stubs. They haven’t been given to us at the bank or his job. Is there some legal paper we can get to be able to access that on... Read more »

James G. Ahlberg
James G. Ahlberg answered on Jan 17, 2022

If he hasn't appointed anyone to hold his power of attorney for health care, you'll need to make an appointment with a lawyer to file papers in court to create a guardianship for a disabled adult. From what you describe, this should be done as quickly as possible.

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Florida on
Q: On the 13th of January my daughter asked me to use my truck for 2 days I agree for her to use it for only 2 days

I've called her job and reported that she was on their job with a stolen vehicle , there allowing her to work with there patients do I have a case

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law on
Q: I'm sure my tubes were tied during a c section 14 years ago without my consent. I wanted more children.

She asked if she could tie them and I said no. Been trying ever since to get pregnant without fail when I had no trouble conceiving all three children prior. Going to gey an x Ray privately to see if they did. Could I have a claim of they did

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Health Care Law for California on
Q: My X-wife, Separated not divorced kept my Termination of Coverage with Kaiser away from me and is still doing so12/01/21

She lives in the Sierras and I live in Belmont. Because she was the employee of Kaiser they sent the Termination of my coverage to her and not to me. I did not know of it until I tried to email my Dr. I had to scramble to get coverage of Medicare B before Dec. 7 so that I could at least meet the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Washington on
Q: Dr prescribing schedule ii meds to my son with no evaluations in 2 years - is this legal; Ex wont agree to change dr

I have 50/50 decision making with my ex. My son has ADHD and I believe that his doctor has been making potentially dangerous recommendations and prescriptions for my son, but his father won't agree to change doctors. The doctor has prescribed Focalin, Concerta, Vyvanse, Adderall + more over 2... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: Pain and suffering from a covid test at the hospital

Went to the local hospital to get check for check pain they wanted to covid test me so they did but after doing so and having negative results the nurse went to far up my nasal cavity and damage something up there been having a headache for over a week and half and won't go away

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death on
Q: Just need help rationalising chain of causation!

The facts:

Person A made a bomb, planted it at location

Person A called the location ahead of time to warn them and get the place evacuated

During the evacuation, the bomb goes off early

Bomb causes serious injury to a person

Person is taken to hospital, but... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Georgia on
Q: We are a new physician office. We are being charged $68 per pt for E-records. Is this right?

Our physician used to work at the former office. Patients are transferring from them to us. We are not being charged by any other offices that patients are transferring from. These are electronic medical records (no copies or postage). Also the former office is refusing to give patients their... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Health Care Law for Arizona on
Q: I do not want to get mammograms anymore, but need my hormone Rx. Anyway to get around this?

They will not fill RX without regular mammograms. It should be my choice, it's my body!

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for California on
Q: I know that the makers of the vaccine are protected from being arrested or sued but are pharmacists also protected
Theodore Allan Greene
Theodore Allan Greene answered on Jan 13, 2022

You should be a little more specific with your question. There are some immunities from litigation but when you sit down with an attorney be prepared to discuss all the facts regarding your situation.

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Health Care Law for Wisconsin on
Q: Ex-wife carries kid's health ins. HDHC with provided HSA. She pays expenses out of HSA, bills me for half.

She does it this way to pocket untaxed dollars.

If it's HSA covered, paid by employer, how does she claim it's out of pocket so I'm liable? I understand HSA serves as a gap insurance such that no uninsured liability exists. Yes, the unused portion carries over and is a... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.