Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Employment Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for New Hampshire on
Q: when i return to work from workmans comp do i get the my same positon i had when i left?. i live in newhampshire thank
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 3, 2018

If you had a reduction in pay due to being out comp has to make that up. But contact a member of the NH Assn for Justice because they give free consults and you want to know what to do to protect yourself

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for New Hampshire on
Q: How long can my employer keep me on a mandatory unpaid leave not related to conduct?

First they put me on a pip out of the blue after 17 months of employment without warning, many of the details are for things that others do and things i have done throughout the duration of my employment. Ive done very well on the pip.

Recently they say someone found a bedbug and they are... View More

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
answered on Dec 8, 2017

I would look first at the employee handbook to see what the policy is for being forced out of your job or put on unpaid leave and make sure they are following the procedures outlined in the handbook. If there is nothing in the handbook that protects you from this then you should call the Labor... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law and Contracts for New Hampshire on
Q: Can a contracting company require independent sub-contractors to pay for inspections of personally owned work equipment?

Husband is an independent contractor under contract for Contracting Cable Co A that contracts work from Contracting Cable Co B that contracts work from Major Cable Co C. Contracting Cable Co B is requiring an inspection of independent contractors personally owned work ladders and requiring said... View More

Joseph D Garrison
Joseph D Garrison
answered on Apr 1, 2017

If it is in the contract then they can require it.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for New Hampshire on
Q: I'm 16, in school, working 65 hours a week. Can I get extra money? Seems a bit illegal. I live in NH. USA.
Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
answered on Dec 28, 2015

Unless you work in certain occupations, any time worked over 40 hours/week should be paid at 1.5 times your normal wage. Read the statute for more information: (section VIII)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.