Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Mexico Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for New Mexico on
Q: Can a 15 year never come home again?

Our daughter is at the Peak behaviorial health and refusing to give information..

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for New Mexico on
Q: My parents want to leave their house and belongings to me when they are no longer here. What needs to be filed to do so?

There is still a balance owed on the mortgage and I understand that probate court usually is a factor and could be costly. What can my parents due while they are still here to make sure I can keep the house?

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Mexico on
Q: How do I respond to a cease-and-desist letter stating false harrassment allegations?

If I received a cease and desist letter regarding false allegations of harrassment, how do i respond with a denial and stop the false claims of me harrassing anyone?

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce and Civil Rights for New Mexico on
Q: I lived with my husband for 3 years not being married and we just got married in July this year, he is an older man

They hate me and they don’t want him to spend any money on me. They put restraining order against me and threw me in jail. I am still going thru legal issues cos of it

Now he said he don’t want to see me anymore, cos his children thretening him with nursing home!

That’s why he... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Mexico on
Q: What are the dos and donts for a hearing on sn action to dismiss a writ of execution? Landlord/tenant

I have several questions, my aunt whom I am a caregiver for has found herself in quite a bit of trouble with a former tenant, this man has taken her to court for some personal items that were left behind that she had decided to keep since he owed her so much in back rent (she now knows she... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody for New Mexico on
Q: My x wife that had full custody of my 2 children, me regular visitation, her mom wants custody of kids, what are myright

My x wife of 33 yrs old just passed away 6/29, and I had visitation of my kids, she had full custody after our divoce in 2014, now her mom wants custody of my kids, and the kids want to live with me and their moms husband still, their step dad, and now my x mom is filing for guardianship for the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Mexico on
Q: A police department in combination of law enforcement agencies did a "raid" in the now, condemned mobile home/RVCamper

Park on East Bland Street on or around the middle of January 2020. The flash bang...thingy went under the wrong 5th wheel went under my, camper, causing a lot of damage to my under carriage of my 5th wheel, which I bought in August of 2019... this has caused me a great deal of personal... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for New Mexico on
Q: Does a trustee need unanimous consent from beneficiaries to list trust property for sale?
Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst
answered on Jul 20, 2022

Your question cannot be answered without reviewing the trust instrument, but typically the answer would be no, the trustee does not require beneficiary consent to sell property.

0 Answers | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for New Mexico on
Q: If a city in New Mexico is charging people to much for natural gas and water even if u don't use it and u lose receipt

And they call u and say that u didn't pay it then they will turn it off also the city of lordsburg just charges people more money wen they want and if u don't pay it it will get turn off class action law suite needs to be done for pay natural gas and water every1 in lordsburg is willing... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for New Mexico on
Q: If you are incarcerated in one state and another state puts a detainer on you. Does that time count for credit

Will that time count for credit time served?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Mexico on
Q: I have a broken electrical line that my landlord don't want to fix. What is my next step?

This is a trailer park I live in and the electrical line that feeds my mobile home is broken under ground somewhere. I reported to the landlord over two weeks ago. He is saying it's up to me to fix it.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for New Mexico on
Q: Can a landlord cancel lease because changed her mind wants more money I work for my landlord and she has not paid me

She knows she is my only means of income and refuse to pay me for the work I've done and denied DFA rental assistance help and now we are being evicted at the same time we have an air conditioner that has not been working since we moved in I have notified her on multiple occasions even offered... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for New Mexico on
Q: Who investigates a prosecutor that disobeys a USC 1447(d)4 Void mandated remand order

A district judge remanded a direct filed complaint that had been dismissed in the same court the judge sent it back to. The reason it was remanded was because of the states unconstitutional process up to that point so in fact was to protect me from prosecutor misconduct and warned the prosecutor... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for New Mexico on
Q: Isn't there a statute of limitations (10 yrs) in the state of NM for the collection of a state tax debt?

I have a lien onmy property from the state of NM, for tax owed from 2006. They continue to charge interest on the balance and divert any Federal refund money to it.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for New Mexico on
Q: Can I fire my attorney and can I switch to chapter 7 as well and still keep my car making payments on time

I'm currently for the next year now on unemployment and they know about that when I started the process

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Jul 14, 2022

Yes. You can.

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for New Mexico on
Q: Transfer on death deed in New Mexico

Do the beneficiaries have to have their signatures notarized?

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Mexico on
Q: Transfer on death deed in New Mexico.

Does the beneficiary of a TOD in New Mexico have to sign the form and have their signature notarized?

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for New Mexico on
Q: Is it legal for Carlsbad Medical center to garnish a paycheck without a judgement?

My friend is having 25% of his wages garnished. The hospital did not get a judgement against him. The hospital never sued him, but are garnishing his check somehow without a judgement. Is this legal? If not how can he stop the garnishment?

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Small Claims for New Mexico on
Q: Can I sue an uninsured motorist for totaling my car?

I was hit by a uninsured motorist and they caused my car to be totaled. I learned through my insurance that the car is at fault and they are also uninsured despite the police report saying they have insurance. They were also not given a citation for not having insurance. I’m lucky that my car had... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.