Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Ohio Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: My wife was the subject of a contractors sexual dreams. Supervisor told her it was likely due to her choice in outfits.

Is this sexual harassment? Stating that the reason for the outside contracts sexual dreams were caused by her choice of clothing? The employer has no specific dress code and the clothing cited by the employer was heels, leggings, and glitter blouses.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Feb 22, 2018

A single incident generally isn't enough. But, a pattern of such behaviors, which seems likely, can be real cause for concern for the employer. If the employer has a sexual harassment complaint procedure, be sure your wife files the proper complaints and then talk with an attorney.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: I was unconsentually kissed and touched multiple times. Is it an assault, battery, or simple battery charge?

He had kissed my mouth multiple times, tongue involved. He had hugged me from behind, pressed me against a counter top so I couldn't escape, I felt the knife in his front pocket against my butt. He refused to put away the knife he was playing with despite my asking and commenting. He had... Read more »

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Oct 30, 2017

Have you called the police? You many want to do that. Potential charges: (1) assault, (2) unlawful restraint, (3) kidnapping, (4) menacing, (5) aggravated menacing, (6) sexual imposition.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Juvenile Law and Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: 15 year old accused of raping another minor, and it hasn't gone to court in 2 years, can it still after accused turns 18

Parents, at lawyer advice, have refused testimony or questioning of any kind from accused.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Aug 14, 2017

Yes, it can still go court. The parents' lawyer gave good advice.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Sexual Harassment for Ohio on
Q: My former PCP has committed purjury to the OH Med Brd. I mailed the info to the Med Board. Will it be looked into?

I am an adult male victim of sex misconduct at the hands of my former PCP. Last yr his license was suspended for 6 months followed by 2 yrs of probation. Thru therapy I know know I did nothing wrong and was the victim of a sex crime several times over. The dr lied to the med brd on at least 10... Read more »

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
answered on Jul 31, 2016

You should take your information to the police and prosecutor. Sex crimes are treated very seriously, but the medical board can only take his license.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.