Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: What does doc probation for felony dui entail? House raids and daily check-ins?
William C. Head
William C. Head answered on Aug 10, 2017

Every jurisdiction is different. Even within the same state, different probation departments VARY greatly, in their enforcement efforts and procedures. Felony probation can have a dozen or more conditions, including a 4th Amendment waiver, wherein you give up your normal right to NOT be confronted... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: D.A. wants 6 months for first felony child endangerment dui in Oklahoma. Can I do anything to help my cause?

6 months in county jail, one year doc probation, 10 years deferred. Had a dui 11 years ago and public into 15 years ago.

Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on Aug 2, 2017

Do you have a lawyer? That always helps. Depending on the Judge and county that can either be a great offer or you could possibly get something better from the Judge at a sentencing hearing. That's why it's important to consult with an attorney who knows the local judges and what you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Is a DUI a misdemeanor or a felony in Oklahoma?
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic answered on Jul 29, 2017

It could be either. Depends on several things. Need more info on the specific case to determine which it is.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on

A person I know has had 3 dwi in Tx and now one in okla somehow 1 in Tx was tossed out. All resulted in a totaled car and the last one in okla resulted in hitting a 18year old kid on motorcycle he only broke and ankle thank god. How many chances does the system give u the bond was only set at 7,500... Read more »

Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic answered on Jun 22, 2017

The purpose of bail is to ensure one's appearance in court. It's not to punish. We are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Immigration Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If someone lived here years and went back to Mexico city and now can't come back is there anyway he can if so how
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic answered on Jun 6, 2017

Yeah that person can come here legally. Consult the local consulate to figure out the legal way to enter the United States.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: My daughter got a dui but she was not driving. The driver wrecked the car and then took off on foot.

She stayed with the car but took the keys out of the ignition and locked the vehicle. she had the keys in her purse when the police arrived but was not in the car. Can we get the dui dropped?

Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on Jun 5, 2017

Probably. Unless the officers saw her I'll bring the vehicle or she was in the driver seat when they arrived, they will not be able to meet the elements of the crime. I would recommend consulting with a local attorney such as myself. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it possible to get a dui if I'm on a bike?
Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on May 5, 2017

It will depend upon the statutory language in your jurisdiction, but usually you cannot get a DUI without a motor. You may, however, still be guilty of a public intoxication.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Got a dui in ks in 05. Moved to MO in 2012, doesnt show on my record. If i move to OK would the dui show on ok record?

Convicted in ks in 2005. Completed probation. Shows on KS record. Moved to MO, doesnt show on that record. If i moved to OK, would it show on an OK driving record check?. Asking due to my current job.

Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on Apr 24, 2017

The record will remain in Kansas and depending on what and where they check it may or may not show up. Your record doesn't vary state to state, sometimes employers just don't check everywhere.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: How would I find someone's court date in poteau OK.
Josh Davis
Josh Davis answered on Apr 24, 2017

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: If u fail a blood test in a dui-d case will youre driving privlages be revoked

first offence

Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic answered on Jan 1, 2017

If you didn't request a hearing w/ DPS w/in 15 days of this then your license will be automatically revoked. You still have a shot of keeping your license if you did that.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: How do you get a felony expunged off your record?
Frank A. Urbanic
Frank A. Urbanic answered on Nov 24, 2016

Get a pardon from the governor.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence and DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: If on probation for DUI, & a person gets charged with domestic violence and abuse. What will happen to the person?
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Sep 21, 2016

You can have your probation revoked for committing another crime while on probation. Jail time is a likelihood.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Hello men, my father an I are having an argument regarding the minor consumption of alcohol in private areas in Oklahoma

I would also like if you could include the law section and title at which this info can be found, thank you

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 21, 2016

Wouldn't argue with them--under Oklahoma law they have to supervise any drinking you do. And what you drink has to be 3.2 or lower, and you can't have a significant blood alcohol level.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Do I have to have an attorney for a first time dui in oklahoma?

Attorney I had originally took my money and withdrew after I missed a court date because the court clerk gave me the wrong month of my court date. I had to reset bond even though their mistake, and now the only thing I can and want to do is plead guilty and take the suspended sentence. The judge... Read more »

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 26, 2015

Get another attorney on your side.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I go to jail on a application to revoke
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens answered on Aug 3, 2015

Yes. But, the answer cannot come without you explaining the history of your case as well as the current facts that have led to this application to revoke. Therefore, you need to contact a local Oklahoma attorney to address these questions. TJP

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on
Q: If youre stuck on private land in your car for 8 hours then call 911 for help can they charge u with dui and go 2 jail
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson answered on Dec 3, 2013

We don't have enough information to determine if the police acted properly. You should consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.