Bradenton, FL asked in DUI / DWI for Florida

Q: I have an out of state warrant for not finishing probation on a dui, can i still get my original ticket number without g

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Jason M. Melton Esq.

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Spring Hill, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You will probably need the help of an attorney's office to get it for you, so that you are not arrested at the clerk's office.

You need to know that warrants are like that girlfriend or boyfriend that you regret dating in high school. At some point, you must confront the warrant and handle it. To continue that bad analogy - you cant just ignore the warrant in the hallways - you have to deal with it. I have had clients who have been stopped and placed in custody on several different occasions for out of state misdemeanor warrants(like DUI) and never get it resolved. There is no reason to have misdemeanor DUI probation, no matter how pathetic your attempt at resolving your obligations with probation were, change your whole life and make you live in fear of the police.

You need to to deal with this head on and get it behind you - contact my law firm and we would be happy to help you with your situation. 1-866-608-5529

Kevin J. Pitts Esq.

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Daytona Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I agree with the previous post. Your drivers license is also likely suspended as a result. If the DUI probation was not complete you might not have cleared up your license. If you did complete that part of the probation your license can be suspended for failing to appear or failing to pay your fines. If your license is suspended for any reason the state you currently reside in should honor that suspension. An attorney can help you get this resolved and might be able to get it resolved without ever stepping foot in the jurisdiction. You can probably call the clerk to get the ticket number or look it up on the clerks page online depending on the county and date.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.