Ask a Lawyer

Add details
More Information:

Recent Questions & Answers

Q: If I found a dog on my property and decided to keep it after waiting 72 hours for an owner to show up. Is it illegal if

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for California on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

Sounds like theft to me. It's somebody else's dog. Give it back.
View Details »

Q: Can you take civil judgements that suspended your licence off with bankruptcy.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Ohio on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

Have a bankruptcy lawyer review your situation and that may be possible. For instance, in Tennessee, an unpaid judgement for a car wreck can lead to a loss of your license. If you file bankruptcy and discharge the debt you can then get your license back. Of course, there are a lot of factors that must be looked at like DUI, etc. but if you qualify you may be wise to consider a bankruptcy filing. Look on Justia for a bankruptcy lawyer in your area. They should be able to tell you if bankruptcy...
View Details »

Q: mother died was 84 yrs old lived in Clark county a senior living apartment. She had no assets & $500 bank

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Nevada on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

Firstly, sorry for your loss.

Based upon the information you have provided, a Probate will not be necessary. The original Will should be filed with the Clark County Court, and costs $18.00 to do so.

In the event your mother did not have a named beneficiary on her bank account, the heirs can most likely provide an Affidavit of Small Estate to the Bank to recover the funds. The Affidavit must be made at least 40 days following death, states that no Probate estate will be opened,...
View Details »

Q: Im a student following a case. A man accused of 1st degree felony for sexual abuse to a child

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

Normally, it is because a deal was struck between the prosecutor and defense that was reasonable to both parties. A lot of time, the trial process is posturing. A game of chicken if you will between the prosecution and the defense. Both are on different sides of the spectrum and are wanting different deals out of the plea process. When they can't work it out, the case has to still matriculate through the justice system. The longer they can't come to a deal the closer a trial date becomes....
View Details »

Q: I was involved in a car accident where it eas my fault and I didn't have auto insurance at the time. What happens?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee on
Answered on Aug 23, 2017

There is not enough information to fully answer. Assuming a party is at fault and has been sued the other side will seek to get a judgment for any damages from the accident. If a judgment is obtained the plaintiff will take efforts to collect. Insurance obtained after the accident is good for future events but will not help in this situation. You should talk to an attorney.
View Details »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.