Nashville, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: If im on 2yr parole and i got violated reason didnt report to probation officer how much time will i have to do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John P. Cauley
John P. Cauley

A: This answer assumes that this is the first time that your probation has been revoked --- If that is true then will be granted a "DETERMINATE RELEASE." DETERMINATE RELEASE = A release to probation granted by statute T.C.A. 40-35-50 that applies to all felons sentenced to two (2) years and under. The determination of eligibility for such probation is based solely upon the length of sentence as imposed by the sentencing court.

The judge has sentenced you to serve two (2) years or less to the Tennessee Department of Corrections (TDOC) with a percent range. When you meet that range or Release Eligibility Date (RED) TDOC certifies the offenders eligible to go out on Determinate Release Probation. At this time the Board of Probation and Parole sets release dates and sends out notification. Approximately 15 working days later the offenders are released to probation.

I hope that helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.