Chattanooga, TN asked in Federal Crimes for Tennessee

Q: My husband has been indicted on the sixth circuit of eastern district Federal on conspiracy to manu. meth

And three other counts. His appointed attorney has withdrawn from the case this past week and mailed my huband the plea bargn. I saw on Pacer that the judge did not appoint the recommended lawyer by my husbands first lawyer and he was appointed an attorney who specializes in civil, family law, real estate and workmans comp. What are the rights of my husband in regards to this new appointment? How do he or I go about filing a appeal in regards to the new appointment? He is facing a min. 10years to life and we feel that his council should at least be familiar with criminal defense. Also any idea of the laws in regards to his original attorney withdrawing? I read that he would have had to informed my husband 20 days prior to filling motion. He sent a letter along with the copy of plea after he had filed for the motion to withdraw on pacer. Please help!! I am on Pacer and also willing to do whatever my husband needs. Where do I access any forms for him to file?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram

A: Dear Wife,

i serve on the Federal Defender's Panel for the Northern District of Alabama and practice federal criminal in other states as well. it is not uncommon for a federal defender to have more than one practice area. i can assure that if the lawyer was on a federal panel of attorneys the lawyer was a pretty good trial lawyer.

However, he can ask for a new lawyer, but the court does not have to let him pick and choose his counsel, since he has claimed indigent. i would be happy to discuss the case for possible representation if you are interested. Ingram Law LLC 205-335-2640

Joseph A Ingram,

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.