Kansas, KS asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Kansas

Q: Can an operator of an oil and gas lease file for partition to exclude one working interest owner (forcing him to sell)

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Eric M Wiechert
Eric M Wiechert

A: Normally an action for partition can only be filed by an owner of an interest in real property. You should consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction to determine whether the lease creates an interest in land for the operator. In order to answer your question your attorney will likely need additional information.

The above discussion is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Good luck. www.ruskcountylaw.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.