Chattanooga, TN asked in Workers' Compensation for Tennessee

Q: I am stuck with workmans comp. due to being hit head-on. They have systematically cut almost all of my Meds off after

They hired a cost cutting company. We settled if you wish to call it that, and they are responsible for medical. What recourse do I have

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christopher Gilreath
Christopher Gilreath
  • Memphis, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: If the question is how to enforce future medical treatment after a settlement, the answer is first to make the request of the insurance company or employer in your case before seeking treatment. If they will not agree to approve the treatment, the next step is to file a request for assistance with the Department of Labor office in your area. The Tennessee Department of Labor workers' compensation specialist will ask for information about your situation. Have factual information to give the person, and it will make a big difference in the outcome of the request. The Tennessee Department of Labor is empowered to order companies to provide medical treatment. It is also initially required that you go through the Tennessee Department of Labor first, unless your claim was previously filed in a court, in which case you can elect to request assistance from the court who heard your case, or the Tennessee Department of Labor. If you were represented by an attorney in your case, consult with your attorney before taking these actions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.