Las Cruces, NM asked in Medical Malpractice for New Mexico

Q: Can i ask a doctor to deliver my baby as soon as 37 weeks?

I am currently pregnant and i have had nothing but problems with my doctors office. I was told at first that i was due on may 30, then June 1, and now they moved it to June 14.. I went and took another sonogram so we could get an accurate due date as the doctor was not going to look into this any further.. went on my own to do so and they came up with the due date of June 2. The doctor is refusing to listen or go with the dates around the 1st as it looks the most accurate and want to wait till the 14th date .. We are trying to schedule my c-section so that i do not have another emergency c-section and so that i can plan for my other kids to be taken care of while i am in hospital. the doctors refuse to listen or to take into consideratoin everything that has been shown to them pointing to the date earlier in June.. i asked that they do an amnio and they still keep putting me off.. what can i do legally to get my doctors to take this more seriously.. ????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam T. Funk
Adam T. Funk
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Bellaire, TX
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: I do not believe there is anything legally you can do. If the doctor does not feel comfortable doing what you request, he/she will simply not do it. I am not a medical doctor, but it sounds like you need a second opinion.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.