Pine Bluff, AR asked in Workers' Compensation for Arkansas

Q: I got hurt at work that caused an back injury a specalist recommended an precedure can I receive any compensation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Decatur, GA

A: Yes. You have a right to recover your lost wages, have your medical expenses paid and will likely have a right to receive payment based upon a disability rating the physician will assign to your injury. The disability ratings vary greatly by physician and are often low if the physician regularly treats persons your company. In addition, the workers' compensation insurance company will likely pay a lump sum settlement to resolve your claim. This will allow them to avoid future payments. In addition, if your injury was caused by a third person, you have a right to sue that persona and recover medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering. The workers' compensation insurance company will then likely seek reimbursement for their payments out of your personal injury action. However, their right to recover their payments is limited and is usually defeated. I would strongly recommend that you retain counsel so that you can maximize your total recovery and to make sure you get the treatment you have a right to receive. Feel free to contact me with additional questions by clicking my profile.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.