Wisconsin, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: My son is 11 and hates staying at his dads every other sun, court ordered. How old does he have to be to be heard?

My son's dad was barely existent the first 9 years of his life until I asked for a (first ever) review in child support. Then he took me to court to try for half custody and got $100 knocked off his child support for hardship and every other weekend is an overnight which my son is still traumatized by staying overnight even though he's been going over a year. His dad pays little or no attention to him while he's there, he's only using him to try and work his way up to half custody to get out of child support. Does he even stand a chance?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maxwell Charles Livingston
Maxwell Charles Livingston
  • Albany, CA
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: You can seek a modification of child support for a substantial change in circumstance. Feel free to contact me for more.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.