Union Grove, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: I have been divorced for 2 years. Over those 2 years my ex husband and I have dissagreed over vacation time. Our periods

Of placement order says we both get 2 non-consecutive weeks of vacation a year with 30 days notice to the other parent. My ex husband has been trying to bully, harrass and twist the meaning of this. He has tried to piggyback the vaca time onto his regular periods of placement to make vacation time longer then a week. He has also tried to just use it as vacation days turning two weeks of vacation time into a possible 7 weeks by taking two vacation days in a week his regular periods of placement is tues, wed, fri, sat and sunday. I have not allowed him to do this because the order says plain and simple 2 non-consecutive weeks of vacation. Not 2 non-consecutive weeks excluding regular placement days or 14 vacation days. He is now taking me back to court to enforce placement and i can not afford an attorney. I have always given him the children when it is his time to have them other then the vacation issue. what can I do if I cant afford an attorney and am I wrong about vacation time?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.
Maxwell Charles Livingston Esq.
  • Albany, CA
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: I'm so sorry you're going through this. It appears that he did not comply with the order. Contact me for further assistance; we can work something out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.