Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: What can my husband do to see his daughter after it was court ordered but is still denied his rights

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mariah Balling-Peck
Mariah Balling-Peck
  • Uniontown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This question is very vague. If he has rights to see the child through a court order, he should exercise those rights by visiting with the child. If he neglects to exercise his rights to visitation with the child, that is very disheartening for the child. If there is a court order and the wife is refusing to permit the visitation, there is what is called "contempt of court" where you file a petition with the judge handling the custody matter and seek immediate relief. If you are the estranged father with rights you need to get into court immediately for enforcement of the custody order. It is not unheard of for women in contempt of a court order to be sent to jail if this is an ongoing problem. I highly recommend if this is the case that you seek legal counsel immediately and get in to court!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.