Niota, TN asked in Workers' Compensation for Tennessee

Q: My husband had carpal tunnel surgery and his wc case was closed with 0% impairment/both hands. We don't agree. What now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jim Higgins
Jim Higgins
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You have a couple of options. You can hire another doctor to give a second opinion as to impairment or if the doctor gave him any restrictions you can request a second opinion through the department of labor. If you need to hire another doctor I would contact a lawyer with work comp experience as they will know which doctor is best for a second opinion. Feel free to contact my office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.