Draper, UT asked in Probate for Utah

Q: If I live in Utah how can I get probate court case started in Washington State?

Do I need a lawyer for that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan L Jensen
Ryan L Jensen
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Your best bet is to contact a probate attorney in Washington. This website and others have directories that should assist. Is it possible to do without an attorney, yes, it is possible. However, there is also a good chance that you might make critical mistakes, as probate law is very complicated. Far better to spend money on a qualified professional to ensure it is done right. Best of luck to you! By the way, if you are not able to find an WA probate attorney, let me know and I can assist you in finding one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.