Altamonte Springs, FL asked in Products Liability for Florida

Q: Is there any recourse for having an allergic reaction from an Absorbine Jr back patch, and then getting respiratory failure?

I was on a ventalator for 9-10 days. The neurologist says that an allergic reaction caused the seizure.

Please advise.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Consult with a personal injury attorney in your area. Before you do, be sure to read all of the warnings on the package. The warnings may be insufficient.

Steven R. Vartazarian
Steven R. Vartazarian
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: First thing first, you need to make sure that the patch contains what you are allergic to. You should probably see an allergist about this. If it does, then you need to make sure that nothing else could have caused the reaction, such as a food allergy. Second, you should look at the box to see if there are any warnings about possible allergic reactions to the contents of the patch. This is the first thing a products liability attorney would do. My advice, if you would like to pursue this, would be to get the ball rolling on these things and also contact a product liability attorney to see if any are interested. However, you should also know that some attorneys will not take cases when the injury was short lived and there was a full recovery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.