Columbia, MO asked in Workers' Compensation for Missouri

Q: I was injured at work a few months ago and still having problems with the same area an now its personal.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Deffet
Timothy J. Deffet
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: You should contact a MO attorney ASAP if the injury occurred there. If it occurred in another state, such as IL where I practice, contact an attorney there even if your employer is in MO.

General comments: Go see a doctor, keep a folder will all bills and medical records as well as full contact info. for all medical providers, keep the names and contact info. of any witnesses, make sure to give a history of your accident to every medical provider that you see. Also, fill out an accident report and keep a copy for your records. Do not give a recorded statement to anyone.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.