St Paul, MN asked in Personal Injury for Minnesota

Q: My husband was killed after being over served at the bar. How long do i have to be able to sue the bar.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore
Mr. Kenneth Lee LaBore
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Statute of Limitation Questions can be complicated - I recommend that you consult with a local attorney. In general wrongful death claims have a 3 year SOL from the date of death. Liquor liability claims are called dram shop claims, which have additional requirements for notice.

If you would like a free consultation, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 612-743-9048, I have handled many wrongful death claims and would be happy to answer your questions.

Kenneth LaBore

Attorney at Law


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.