Who is the affiant in an uncontested divorce with no children?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Beverly L. Cohen

Answered 3 years ago

An affiant does not apply only to an uncontested divorce with no children. An affiant is anyone who makes and signs an affidavit. In the context of a divorce, the person who files the complaint must sign an affidavit (sometimes also called a verification) swearing that all of the facts stated in the complaint are true. If you are the person filing the complaint for divorce, then you would be the affiant.