Horseshoe Bend, ID asked in Land Use & Zoning for Idaho

Q: How to get land owned and taxed by us back from neighbors who farms it. He refuses to meet with us to discuss usage.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy V. Kassouni
Timothy V. Kassouni
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your neighbor refuses to discuss the issue, your remedy would typically involve a claim to quiet title to the property in question. You would argue the land is yours and you have the right to use it. However you can expect the neighbor to argue that he has a prescriptive easement to continue to use the property. One of the questions will be whether or not the neighbor's use of the property was with your consent.

For more information on quiet title visit Additionally, you can find information about prescriptive easements here Finally, to consult with a California land use lawyer, call our offices toll free at (877) 770-7379.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.