Shawano, WI asked in Workers' Compensation for Wisconsin

Q: Are we eligible for cash settlement? Should we get an attorney?

Are we entitled to a $settlement when you get injured on the job thats above and beyond the weekly benifits, diagnoses degenerative disk disease. Dr says it may or may not be work related? he was given the same furniture immediately reinjured his back His rehab therapist shared she believes, given the work conditions, this almost certainly was done on the Job.The treating dr reports it is one of two things, work related or genetic predisposition, however after there is no documented family history for the disease. we had no history or experience with workmans comp, we were not informed of our rights and had no idea to say no to doing daily. He takes narcotic pain meds everyday, but prior to this he hated to take Does he need meds to function ? Yes. Is it time to get an attorney? Do we have a chance at ANY settlement? the Workmans comp provider makes our claims very difficult to collect.Ie; payment for that week of 7/12, 2012 was received 1/9, 2013.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David M. Erspamer
David M. Erspamer
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Amery, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Yes, if there is a permanent injury, Wisconsin provides for an award. Also, if there is long term wage loss, the law provides for an additional payment called "loss of earning capacity."

The injury is work related if the work is one of the "substantial factors" in causing the pain.

I suggest you call an experienced workers comp lawyer who can explain these concepts in greater detail.

Erspamer Law Offices- Dave Erspamer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.