Beaver Dam, WI asked in Criminal Law for Wisconsin

Q: On sept 27th meg unit came to arrest me on a warrant that day they also found a pipe 1 bowl of weed and 23 percocets i

Recently got a summons in the mail for the pipe and bowl but not the percocets can they seperate those charges and charge me later for the percocets even though their from the same incident?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Alan Provis
Timothy Alan Provis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Port Washington, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: Yes. You need a criminal defense lawyer and you need one, NOW! You can find one here on Justia or in the Yellow Pages. If you can't pay, then you might qualify for the Public Defender so you should call that office in your county.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.