Asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: What to do and who to call to terminate guardianship of my kids from my crazy mother

I gave my motherguardianship in nevada cuz i was in jail with no bond awaiting court. the day after i gave her guardianship i was released and charges dropped. since then we all have moved to GA and everything was fine i had my kids and all. until she lost her job onjan 25th she has took the nv guardianship papers t school removed me off everything and took the kids from bus stop and took the child support and ss money and put a tpo on m saying i am nsafe, just so she can keep her houseshe just bought and live off my childrens money. im distraught so very hurt and confused NV said the papers are only good in the state of NV but here i am kid less and emotionaly drained from getting no where through the courts here. money is an issue for a lawyer i have 1000 and thats all. what can i do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Beverly L. Cohen
Beverly L. Cohen
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You may be able to find out the answers to some of your questions from the probate court in the county where you live including the whether the Nevada guardianship papers are valid in Georgia. If you need representation, the probate court may also be able to give you the name of an attorney who handles guardianship cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.