Fayetteville, AR asked in Tax Law for Arkansas

Q: How can i file my taxes now? last year my girl and i lived in texas and we filed maried filling jointly.now im in ark

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zaher Fallahi
Zaher Fallahi
  • Tax Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA

A: Generally, you should file a part-year resident for the part of the year you lived in each state, and apportion the income according to the state law. Texas income would not be taxable in Arkansas, which is the good news, because TX doesn't have state income tax. The Fed would be the same. Do not forget your moving expense if apply. Depending on the amount of your income and deductions, you may want to contact a tax prepare.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.